Herby’s snaring horror

Herby the cat found badly injured - Croft Vets Bolsover

Herby the cat found badly injured in Whitwell with Danii Booth nursing assistant at Croft Vets Bolsover

THIS cat almost died after getting trapped in a snare that tore through his stomach down to the intestine.

Poor Herby was taken to Croft Vets, in Bolsover, after being found in horrific pain in the Whitwell area.

“He was in such a lot of pain,” said Danii Booth, the nursing assistant at the vets, who took care of him.

“He had been like that for about three weeks when he was brought in.”

“It is a very cruel method of catching animals,” she added.

Herby is staying at the vets until he has recovered, when he will be moved to the Cat Protection League in Scarcliffe before being rehomed.

“He will make a lovely pet for someone. He is very calm and just likes to be stroked” said Danii.